Skip to main content

Featured

Kindness and Confetti- Celebrating in the Classroom!

Our building is focusing on Robert Marzano's High Reliability Schools framework. For our level one safe, supportive, and collaborative culture goal, part of what we'll be doing is focusing on how to SUPPORT and CELEBRATE the good stuff! I ABSOLUTELY couldn't resist using bits and pieces of things I could find to create this hallway bulletin board to build a safe, caring culture of support in our kids. I used bulletin board letters I had for the words "sprinkle" and "like." Then, I printed off this AMAZING freebie from Especially Education. Grab it here ! Since running it through the Facebook group Fearless First Grade Teachers: Education to the Core, many great suggestions have come about! Writing students' names on the confetti dots as they complete acts of kindness, adding some authentic writing pieces about kindness, photos of the kids the size of the confetti dots, etc. I can't wait to meet them and be inspired. Because the BEST

$6 Target Banner!

So, what's trending in July for teachers?  TARGET!  And Kohl's- have you SEEN those Mo Willems books and stuffies there???  Well, I will be getting mine soon, but first I just HAD to try to make a banner.  From scratch.  Probably should've been learning to cook from scratch... or cleaning my house... but a banner it is!  Here are the free first grade banner printable letters.  And there is an editable version for $$ here.


So originally it was going to say "Welcome First Graders" but I ran out of ribbon, so I improvised and now it says "Welcome First Grade."  I watched a YouTube tutorial to learn how to make said banner letters from scratch in MS Word.  See it here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUGmJuSfKLo.  I pretty much just followed along with this excellent tutorial- even downloaded the GrutchShaded font for FREE!  Here's a closeup of some super cute clothespin embellishments I got from the dollar bin at Target.  

TIP:  I used a sharpie to color my staples black ahead of time.



These are GOOGLY-eyed apple faces!  Well played, Target, well played.


The embellishments were the most expensive pieces of the project because I had to buy five packs and each pack is a dollar...  The ruler ribbon was PERFECT for someone like me because I don't like to actually find rulers and measure so stuff is usually not evenly spaced, etc.  But with that built into the project, of course, everything was easily evenly spaced out!  

Summary of Materials:
staples
sharpie
ruler ribbon (Target)
clothespin embellishments (Target)

What are YOUR Target banner projects?  Post them in the comments!

Comments

Popular Posts