Skip to main content

Featured

Kindness and Confetti- Celebrating in the Classroom!

Our building is focusing on Robert Marzano's High Reliability Schools framework. For our level one safe, supportive, and collaborative culture goal, part of what we'll be doing is focusing on how to SUPPORT and CELEBRATE the good stuff! I ABSOLUTELY couldn't resist using bits and pieces of things I could find to create this hallway bulletin board to build a safe, caring culture of support in our kids. I used bulletin board letters I had for the words "sprinkle" and "like." Then, I printed off this AMAZING freebie from Especially Education. Grab it here ! Since running it through the Facebook group Fearless First Grade Teachers: Education to the Core, many great suggestions have come about! Writing students' names on the confetti dots as they complete acts of kindness, adding some authentic writing pieces about kindness, photos of the kids the size of the confetti dots, etc. I can't wait to meet them and be inspired. Because the BEST

Birthday Cups!


Happy birthday, everybody!!  This is a great project- so great that my eight-year-old daughter put these together for me!  You can find these birthday labels here.  The "Happy Birthday" canvas in back is ready to display this month's birthday kids in a photo, but that will have to wait until birthday photos can be taken.  

The cups are a donation from Starbucks.  The jury is split on whether you can get these donated for free or if you need to pay a nominal fee.  Lucky for me, we have an amazing Starbucks manager near our school.  So, a HUGE shoutout goes to our friendly neighborhood "Lance from Starbucks" for DONATING these magnificent birthday cups!  I used the frappuccino grande size, per Lance's recommendation, after showing him a tiny picture from Pinterest!  Starbucks managers should REALLY be included in community helper sets...

The completed cup contains the following:
-1 Happy Birthday bracelet
-tissue paper
-1 birthday pencil
-1 blow pop


I may just have to give myself one of these on my upcoming Leo birthday!  Ah, who am I kidding? I'll just get a frappuccino instead!  ;)

Comments

Popular Posts